Tuesday 4 March 2008

Writing Spree

I wonder why sprees are confined to just shopping and killing. They're two similar things, I suppose: at once enjoyable and repulsive, requiring bags, etc.

I think the word spree also suggests a sense of pleasure, because it's a bit like 'glee'.

But I would like it to be used for other things. I'd like to go on a exasperation spree, just shrugging and rolling my eyes at everything. Or a honey spree, where I'd... eat lots of honey.

The trouble is that sprees are often stigmatised as being frivolous and excessive. Buying one pair of shoes is ok. Killing a couple of pensioners as part of a bungled insurance fraud scam is ok. But multiple purchases/deaths is a spree, and thus to be frowned upon.

"Try and show some restraint".

***

Here is my new song. This can also be found at the myspace site. I think I have made great strides, in the same way as a mental patient makes great strides when he stops trying to wear his own solid waste as a hat.



***

I don't want to turn this into the David Attenborough Fellatio Blog, but amongst the eulogising for the great man's last show, I saw some of the highlights of his career. This video is insanely amazing. If I didn't trust good old Dave so much, I'd think he was just fucking with us. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment