Sunday 6 June 2010

Smoke Signalz

Come on in! Take a load off.

Well, take some off. And put some on, if you want (as long as the load you put on is not greater than the load you've taken off).

I've certainly skewered that expression that no-one knows.

How are you?

That's great. Me? Oh I'm fine. You know how it is. You may not know why it is. But you know how it is. And that's the most important thing.

No, I don't know what it is. I was hoping to bluff my way along until you gave it away.

***

I think writing blog posts in the second person has been an unqualified success. I'll try it again some day.

I was at my sister's wedding recently. I don't know if I wrote about it, but was thoroughly enjoyable.

There was no official photographer, but everyone was taking pictures. My Uncle Ian has put a few on Facebook. Obviously, there were pictures of the "bride", the "groom", the "ceremony" and so on. But more importantly, there were some pictures of me.

I think one of them is going to become an iconic photo of me. It will be the one that illustrates the many news articles about me (when I win some Nobel Prizes, for example) and that students have on posters on their walls; the image of the consummate intellectual.

It will be like that famous shot of Camus:


Of course, I don't smoke. But other than that, I'm a lot like Camus. I think Friday's Big Pun sketch is basically my Le Renégat ou un esprit confus.

(Yes, I just chose a story at random from Wikipedia)

Anyway, here's the iconic shot of myself:

There appears to be the ghost of a Native American shaman in the background (apologies to whoever that is - I'm sure it's just the black & white).

If there's enough interest, I'll get some T-shirts printed (splitting the proceeds with Ian and the shaman 40-20-50).

I haven't got much to say today. And, unlike other days, I'm not going to spread myself too thin, fragile and limp like fresh lasagne.

I'll just sit up here, contained and content, like a single raviolo.

No comments:

Post a Comment