Wednesday 2 June 2010

Trav's Joy

I must reiterate: this is not a diary.

But, just so we're all caught up (and to avoid yesterday's 'yesterday' confusion), I went to work on Tuesday, and didn't go to work today.

We took advantage of the weather by heading out into the wilderness at the back of our block of flats. We don't have a camera that's both working and of good quality, so couldn't take a picture of it. So here's one from ages ago:


Just try to imagine it less flooded, less winter and less dawnish.

Our decision to leave the house (a tricky one at the best of times) was rewarded immediately when we saw some swans and cygnets in the little stream. Cygnets look furry, huggable and delicious. But we didn't stroke, hug or eat them, out of respect for the volatile parents.

Later on, I saw a rabbit (or simply a 'rabb' if you use my clever abbreviation) and a squirrel (which only an idiot would abbreviate to 'squirr'). It was a good haul of animal sightings.

The air was thick with fluff. I think it was Traveller's Joy, or Old Man's Beard, or the less-appealing Old Man's Joy.

It gave the scene an ethereal quality - like hazy snow. I felt like I was in a film, albeit one that didn't have much plot and had cast a lumbering bearded man in the lead. But enough about Lucy...

Ahahaha. Lucy! You thought it was me I was referring to! But no! The old switcheroo. Which is a legitimate move, even though she's not lumbering or bearded or a man, so it doesn't make any actual sense.

(I just asked her if I could do this joke, and she snorted derisively. Which is nature's "yes".)

We just watched a programme about the history of Russian art, which has made me really enthusiastic about learning everything about art and architecture and the history of the world. But it seems like too much to learn. It's difficult to catch up, now we're so far through civilisation. Like trying to follow events in the last episode of Lost.

So I'll probably just listen to a podcast and eat bran flakes.

(Not that I'm giving up on my Idiot Flaps Odyssey, of course! I'm currently working my way through a batch of writingses and will report back when I'm finished).

I thought about doing another video, like I did yesterday. But on watching it, I realised how much I hate my face, voice and intonation. I still might do another one, though. It makes this blog seem like more of a multimedia experience.

But hey, I've got a photo in this one!

Ooh, my computer noise audio thing is working now too! Check me out: sounds and pictures. And words. All I need is MEANING and the set will be complete.

This is the noise I'm forced to deal with on a regular basis, and am dealing with now. My laptop's fan, everybody:

Listen!

2 comments:

  1. Are you sure there aren't actually two men with drills inside your laptop, fighting each other while making drill noises, while their dogs, sitting beside them, do impressions of their masters doing drill noises? During an earthquake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 60% sure that isn't happening. But maybe that's the solution! I could lure the dogs out with sausages, and the men out with... sausages, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete