Friday 25 June 2010

Dudle

More meetings this week, and more doodles. Here: look at my artistic progress. I think I've made great strides since my earlier work.

Fire and Moon


The hole gives you a sense of the scale. Small, but perfectly realised. Figures dance around the flames, whilst a smiling moon looks on. The figures have a real sense of energy, and the moon has eyes and a nose.

Reminiscent of tribal imagery - almost like cave-painting - this doodle has a lot to say about man's connection to nature. We venerate the flame - the work of our own power. Yet above our heads sails a gleeful deity. We believe ourselves to be all-powerful, but have no idea how insignificant we are.

The dancers are contorted, captivated, possessed. Are we twisting into oblivion, oblivious? We smell the burning, but cannot stop the fire.

Also, some writing is visible in the top right-hand corner. Is this important? An explanation of some grand plan? Or was it just there by mistake when I took the photo?

I don't want to tell you what to think. And you don't think that I would, do you? No. You don't.


Arrows

This one is different. Moving away from representation of the physical world to geometrical shapes.

Look at all the arrows. Where are they pointing? Everywhere.

How many arrows are there in total? Loads. I don't want to count them all. If you manage it, post your answer below, and you could win the original doodle as a prize. Or you might not.

There's a face at the bottom-left of the piece. That's not so good. Should probably have cropped that out...

But I'm obsessed with the truth. That's what my art is about.

The truth.

And fire. And arrows.

***


I don't like meetings.

2 comments:

  1. The Songe16:04:00

    Uncanny. Your Fire and Moon picture is almost exactly the same as a painting I quite seriously did earlier this year. Mine didn't have a moon in it though. I called it Fire. I don't think you've even seen it, so I suppose great minds must think alike. (I can't remember how the rest of that saying goes...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe I DID see it, and squirreled the idea away for doodle fodder...

    You should photograph it/scan it in, and I'll post it here. Then we can let my ones of readers decide who is the best. (I think any picture with a moon's face in it wins by default)

    ReplyDelete