Monday 8 February 2010

I Didn't Start the Fire

I watched the Super Bowl last night.

It was good. I don't know if I'd go so far as 'Super'. You shouldn't praise your bowls before they're super.

Don't get ahead of yourself. Unless you're in an inter-dimensional race with an evil You. The Flash can get ahead of himself.

And don't run before you can walk. Because otherwise it will be difficult to transition from running to being stationary. You really need an intermediate slowing-down period. Or some kind of parachute. But it's good to have walking in your locker.

(And before you ask: yes, it is also good to have Christopher Walken in your locker. Happy now?)

Ah haha. Isn't this good? I've taken some common phrases much too literally, exposing their ridiculousness. I've never done that before.

I'm really not growing as a writer. I should be onto something new by now. I could be writing a florid confessional. But I'm not.

I need to invent a whole new literary genre. Maybe I can use letters in a whole new way.

I could stack them up:

Y

(That's three Ys stacked on top of each other.)

Maybe I could start a fire by rubbing a slash with a backslash.

\ /
\ /
\/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

XXXXXXXXXXX

It hasn't worked. Must be something to do with the font.

Maybe I can try to type using only my mind:

Must... write... something...with... incredible... brain...
Hmm. Doesn't seem to work...

Well, I suppose it's ok to retread the same ground over and over again. I can just do it in a variety of different shoes.

My toes hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment