Thursday 15 November 2007

MA Done

I received my marks and MA dissertation back yesterday. I got a Merit, which I'm very pleased with, even though 'merit' seems like a bit of a patronising term. It seems like it should be accompanied by a 'Well Done!' and a smiley face. And it makes a distinction sound even more impressive in comparison.

Now that my marks are in, I can't fool myself any more. I'm no longer a student. I've got to join the real world. And I've been in the real world before. It's no fun.

Admittedly, I never stole a traffic cone or watched daytime TV, but I still feel an affinity to the world of students. I like drinking tea and sleeping in. I like being able to go to a cafe in the middle of a work day.

So, what's next?

I think I might send off my dissertation script to some places and see if they like it. I'm still optimistic that I can find a Creative Job, but that may just be because I was raised as an optimist. In the back of my mind, there's always the belief that things will turn out ok in the end. I might be left looking quite the fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment