Thursday 8 November 2007

A "foul-tasting ingredient"

This blog is considerably lacking in discussion of current affairs. I often start a rant against the Conservatives or faith schools, or weigh in with my view on abortion. (The latter is that I should start a third faction. In addition to the pro-life and pro-choice lobbies, I'll start a pro-abortion group, who believe that abortion should not only be allowed, but should be obligatory in all situations. I think we might unify the other two groups and create an end to this debate.) But I soon get bored with my own argument, and work on some more shitty puns.

However, I don't want to be seen as uncaring or oblivious, so here are my thoughts on the major news stories of today.

Menezes shooting investigation:

Being slightly brown is probably not a good justification for being shot.

IRA arrest:

I wish my nickname was 'Slab'.

Terrorist conviction:

I can't think of the term 'Lyrical Terrorist' without thinking of some Medieval court entertainer with a bomb in his lute.

GHB toys:

What a terrible mistake.

That went well. Next time I'll do some moral and philosophical questions, such as: 'is humanity making moral progress?' and 'why am I so tired?'.

No comments:

Post a Comment