Thursday 29 December 2011

Spent


The year is drawing to a close, which is impressive given that the year can't hold a pencil.

Ahahadrawingha.

2011.

"2011" is certainly the way we've designated THAT particular period of time, that's for sure.

I will be doing a customary end-of-year round-up sometime, so I'll leave that fruitful blog topic to ripen on the vine.

But for now, let's not feel compelled to cover too much ground. After all, as the old proverb goes, "he who possesses the widest stride, leaves his testicles vulnerable for the longest time".

So let's shuffle (snug, clenched, protected) through the garden of marginal interest.

--

Hey look! A bush in the shape of a different bush.

Also, a pond containing water.

--

That was fun.

***

I need to get angry about something. People love reading that. I can use a lot of hyperbole and CAPS in an amusing way. All of the best comedy characters are angry about something: Groucho Marx was angry that people kept mispronouncing his name (it rhymes with "Smoocho"); Bugs Bunny hated Egypt; and Bob Mills is still furious about the cancellation of In Bed With Medinner.

The trouble is, I'm too mellow for that. (Except for the noisy neighbours thing from last week.) I'm at peace with the world. There are some things I don't like, but that just adds to the deliciously diverse technicolour cocktail that we call Planet 3.

I don't want to have to manufacture outrage.

But for your sake, I will.

ARRRGHHHH! METHADONE CLINICS! I HATE METHADONE CLINICS!

That'll draw in the readers.

To be honest with you, I don't think I'm ready for another blog post. Not yet. Not today. This is just a way to fill time until my review of the year. (The year of 2011 is the year the year in review will be reviewing)

But this isn't a waste of time. Look - how about this?


Time.

Well.

Spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment