Wednesday 10 December 2008

Space

Astronomy is a load of old rubbish.

I mean sure, it's quite interesting to know about the secrets of the universe, the immensity of stars, the almost unimaginable vastness of space, black holes four million times heavier than the sun. Yeah, that's quite interesting.

If true.

But it's recently become apparent to me that they're probably making this stuff up. And I have empirical evidence:


I took this picture myself. With my camera phone.
It's not even a good camera phone - it's really old.
And just look at the celestial beauty of the thing. It's awe inspiring. It's better than any picture taken by a so-called telescope. You could send a thousand probes in a thousand directions for a billion years, and you'd never get anything as moving and astonishing as this picture.
"But Paul," I hear you say (if you know my name).
"But Gary," I hear you say (if you thought you knew my name but actually don't).
"But Dickhead," I hear you say (correctly).
"What is this heavenly body? What celestial object is shown in the above picture? What planet is this? From what galaxy?"
Well, my friends, the answer may astound you, and throw the whole astonomical world into turmoil!
The picture is:
the inside of my coffee mug.
It needs a clean.
Pretty, though.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous18:04:00

    nyway, a merry one or the other to you.
    Yours anonymously Richard Head 11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling the beginning of your comment was sliced off somehow. I'm sorry about that - I know how annoying such a thing can be.

    If you 'd like to re-post (I don't think I need a hyphen there, but I don't mind a bit of superfluous typing, as this shows), that would be cool.

    It seems like it was probably a positive comment. So thank you.

    Of course, the first word could just be an attempt to circumvent Frank Sinatra's lawyers:

    "And more, much more than this
    I did it nyway!"

    Hahahahaha!

    Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:09:00

    i really liked this. it made me laugh! haha!

    ReplyDelete