Friday 23 August 2013

That Fung Boy

I bought a banana.

I bought it, but I don't really "buy" it. It's not realistic for a fruit to be shaped that way. You don't see that kind of crescent shape anywhere else in nature. The crescents you see in suburban road design are man-made. A crescent moon isn't really a crescent at all. It's just reflected light.

Something fishy is going on down at the grocer's.

***

Don't look before crossing the road and then, after a car comes to a screeching halt, the driver will shout, as drivers often do, "have you got some kind of death wish!?!".

Now's your chance.

"Uh, it's more of an inclination than a wish," you'll say. And apologetic, not sarcastic. And with sad eyes. And with honesty. No quip, this.

The driver, open-mouthed, will worry about his next move. No apology from him, but no further anger neither. No winner, no loser, but a story to tell. Whether or not you were in a hurry, you get kudos from the lads.

***

The pessimist's remark is tongue-in-cheek. The optimist's remark is cheek-enveloping-tongue.

"Both remarks are difficult to make out" - The Realist.

***

I'm in a strange mood this afternoon, probably because of the banana I've yet to eat. I can't decide whether to be strange all the way through this post or to include a saner section (this one).

It's the twenty-third day of August. How about the news that's come out recently? Ben Afffleck as Batman? It certainly is a surprising choice! I, for one, am up in legs about the decision. I've seen the film Argo, but equally have seen several real-life bats, so make of that what you won't.

And the weather has been very kind. I can't thank it enough. I really appreciate it.

Don't get me started on the cricket. It is certainly making for an exciting stretch of my life.

It's nearly Bonfire Night. Put your sparklers in water when they've stopped sparkling, or you're liable to have burnt hands.

Not much else has been going on with me! I'm learning to play an instrument. It has been challenging, but rewarding so far. Next week, I'm going to be told which instrument it is. I use my mouth, so it's not a delicious piano.

The government really gets my goat.

Join a gang this Bank Holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment