Tuesday 5 January 2010

See El Vee

I've just noticed that my post count for 2009 is exactly the same as the count for 2008: 155. (I only started blogging in July 2007, so that year doesn't count).

155.

It must be some kind of magic number. Perhaps it is the number of blog perfection. Perhaps it is the number of a geeky, pretentious beast (see this entire post for evidence of this).

It means I do one post every 2.35 days. It's pretty good, even if some of those are just links to hilarious videos or terrible one-line jokes.

The trouble is, now I'm going to have to do 155 posts this year too. It's like having 155 albatrosses around my neck.

155 is too many.

One would be fine. I'd call it Jessica Albatross.

That's a joke about Jessica Alba.

The actress.

You know the one. From off of Fantastic Four.

But perhaps the albatross is not around my neck. Maybe I myself am the albatross - the poète maudit. After all, am I not the epitome of the marginalised outsider-artist? Baudelaire's L'Albatros could well be describing me:

Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
Qui hante la tempête et se rit de l'archer;
Exilé sur le sol au milieu des huées,
Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

I'm sure Baudelaire would have viewed me as a kindred spirit - perhaps even his superior. I have such a way with language.

Remember Jessica Albatross?

You know the one. From off of Fantastic Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment