Friday 21 September 2007

Poor boy

It is one of the cruelest twists of fate's ebony dagger that as an adult, you are able to do all the things that you most desired as a child, but now have no interest in them.

Eleven-year-old Paul would have spent all his free time in Toys R Us, looking at action figures. I frustrated my parents on many an occasion by leaving them waiting in the car for an hour, because I was so enthralled.

But now, I have no interest in going to Toys R Us (oh, alright, some interest). I have the ability to stay in a toy shop all day if I want, but I don't feel the need (although if they still sold good Marvel figures, I might consider it).

And McDonalds. If I could have chosen my meals as a kid, I would have eaten at McDonalds all the time. But here I am, with freedom of choice and my own money, and I haven't been to the Golden Arches for four years. Admittedly, this is probably for the best.

Poor child-Paul. If he could see me know, he'd beg me, BEG ME, to buy some toys and burgers.

Oh well. At least we could watch wrestling together.

***

I have created a new character. One that can stand alongside the greats such as the Khaki Dynamo, and Paddy O'Paque.

He is called Ging Gu, and will be a terrible Chinese stereotype. I'm part-Chinese, so I can be as racist as I like. I haven't got many ideas for his adventures yet, but I'm sure something interesting will arise.

***

So... yep. Doesn't seem like anything else is gonna happen here. Might as well find something else to do.

Murder?

Not murder.

Murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment