Tuesday 11 September 2007

Cover Story

I haven't written anything here for a while, because I've been finishing my dissertation (yay!) and going to work (boo!), leaving little time for my important works.

My brain is a bit fried at the moment (and not in the good way), so my powers of... uh... you know, thinking and shit... will be... pff. Whatever.

I'm listening to Elliot Smith's version of 'Because' which is almost identical to the Beatles' one. Still a good song, though.

I feel that a good cover version should either be completely different from the original, or be covering a largely unknown song in the first place. What fun is there in doing a straight cover of 'Don't Stop Me Now'? Whereas a thrash calypso cover of the same song, possibly sung by Gary Glitter, would be much better.

***

I feel so tired, I can't imagine a time when I'll be happy anywhere but my bed. The world seems a cruel and hectic place. One can only find true happiness, true contentment, in that magical place where the eyelids meet. That place is probably some kind of idyllic forest made of duvets and pillows, where little feather bunnies beckon you towards home. Your true home. Your only home.

Tomorrow morning, my eyelids will be wrenced apart like rusty machinery, leaving the soft creatures screaming and burst. And I won't have time to say goodbye. My heart is broken every morning by the sound of the alarm.

Melodramatic melancholy? Fuck you.

Fuck. You.

No comments:

Post a Comment