Friday 19 June 2009

Twittles

I've been Twittering up a storm lately.

You can follow my recent updates on the right of this page, but it doesn't show everything. If you'd like to read the whole kit and kaboodle, it can be found here: http://twitter.com/diamondbadger (you don't have to be registered to read it)

Twitter is made for people like me with short attention spans. I can come up with a stupid idea and just throw it out there. The 140 character limit seems to legitimise terrible puns or non-sensible non-sequiturs.

It's also a haven for the bored (or the bored-at-heart). You can follow minor celebrities, and become disillusioned about their genius. It's great.

I've also been using it to update my Facebook status (I managed to nab http://www.facebook.com/diamondbadger in the recent username rush, by the way). The trouble is, I'm never sure which tweets will make good Facebook statuses. I don't want people I know to think I'm crazy (or confirm their suspicions), and I don't want to fill up their pages with reams of nonsense.

I find that the spheres of my online existence are reasonably distinct. I'm sure most of the readers of this blog are people I know, but my Twitter followers are unknown entities. I think a lot of them are spam accounts (unless gunchick357 is a long-lost school friend).

I don't know how many of my tweets are worthwhile. I think some of them could be expanded into something more. Most of them are silly. As regular readers will know, I don't have enough going on in my life to use it as a kind of shared diary.

Jonathan Ross will tell everyone about the interesting places he's been, and the people he's met. When I try to provide a window into my everyday life, it goes a bit wrong:

Eg: Hot today. My sombrero earned me funny looks on the way in. Later found a dead monkey on the brim.

But it's a fun way to vent my idiocy in small quantities, so that my head doesn't explode.

***

This week, Paul has decided to do a proper column-style summary of his activities at the end of his post. And has been reading a lot of old Captain America comics.

And has made his own shield out of a bin lid.

And has started talking in the third person. Haven't you, Paul?

No comments:

Post a Comment