Monday 20 August 2007

The Heavenly Kingdom of Taiping

I know this is hardly the most original thought, but...

damn, this summer is shit.

It's pouring with rain, and is really cold. I should be on the beach right now. Or, if not on the beach, sitting inside watching Due South repeats, feeling guilty for NOT being on the beach. It's going to be Autumn soon, and I'll have wasted my last summer as a lazy student.

My sense of dissatisfaction is compounded by the fact that I have finally found a job (and heaven knows I'm miserable now). In some ways it's good, but I'm not looking forward to the work. It sounds like it will require a lot of initiative. Fuck initiative. I liked my first job where I was doing the same thing all day every day (no, not handjobs, smart guy). I didn't have to think or talk to anyone (blowjobs). Those were the days. If I'm not doing my dream job, I want to think as little as possible, so I have more time to daydream about my dream job.

It is part time, though, while I finish my dissert (I'm going to use this as an abbeviation. Or maybe 'my just dissert'). I'm working Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. This is the best combo, as you get the greatness of the Friday, without the terrible pain of the Sunday night.

So all in all I'm not very happy. I can't think of anything to look forward to (Christmas? Fuck off).

But the ramblings of a depressed person aren't very entertaining (unless you can see them jump), so I'll try and keep a sense of fun to this blog! Way-hay! Yeah! Wacky! I... I'm... wacky.

***

I'm descended from this guy! Isn't that cool? According to a book about him, his movement was respnsible for the deaths of 20 million Chinese people.

THAT'S initiative. I should learn from him. Apart from the whole insanity/religious persecution stuff. I haven't got all week.

***

This week I think I'll have to do something. Anything. Just so I have more interesting things to say here.

Tune in next time for:

My Humiliating Arrest

No comments:

Post a Comment