Wednesday 22 August 2007

Banal Observation Pack

Have you ever woken up and found that your hands are still asleep? Waking up is a disorientating experience at the best of times. But if your hands are asleep, it's like being born again.

The instinct to turn the alarm remains, but you can't use any of your fingers, so you end up just swatting at it and mashing it like a dyspraxic fawn. You knock it to the floor and can't believe that the world you have just entered could be so cruel.

You then stagger to your feet and try to avoid the clothes and shoes that Yesterday You carelessly left on the floor, then stagger to the bathroom, clumsily walking into the doorframes.

The only way I could ever convince myself to continue with the day; to stop myself to crawl back into my pillow and duvet womb, was to bargain with myself: "As soon as you get back from work, we'll go to bed. As soon as we're home. It won't be long".

And then I'd believe this lie and carry on until the next day.

I'm not looking forward to going back to work.

***

Did anyone watch The IT Crowd on Channel 4?

Anyone?

Bueller? (Cliche reference #30)

I thought it was really funny, and seemed quite underrated. That may be because Richard Ayoade is always very funny in eveything. It could be because it has Noel Fielding as a goth. But it's probably because Chris Morris played a fantasticly typical sitcom boss.

Anyway, they've been repeating it and the new series starts on Friday. It's worth checking out. Especially as it appears Matt Berry (of the below guitar video) is in it. They've almost got the full house of those incestuous young comedy folks from the Boosh/Marenghi group.

Also, they're apparently making a US version with Ayoade reprising his role. It could be a US Office-style success, or an Every Other US Adaptation-style failure.

***

How many Weetabix are too many?

Or is it Weetabixes?

***

I must get back to work now. I must. I really must. Really.

Really?

Yes. I'm afraid so.

No comments:

Post a Comment