Tuesday 21 January 2014

Spoon-fed

I joined Google+ in August of 2011. It would be fair to say that it hasn't really taken off. Not as far as I'm concerned. I almost never go on there, and I'm... "friends"(? - I don't even know the terminology) with about three people and Robert Llewellyn.

But I do pay the occasional visit. I don't read anything, but I make sporadic posts. The content of these posts derives from my very first "status message"(?), and I've been keeping it up as a running joke.

Except that nobody can see it.

I'm friends with a few people, but I don't think any of them use Google+ regularly. They have almost certainly never seen the things I've written. Nobody has seen it. It's a running joke for my benefit only.

There's no point in having a running joke for my benefit only. Running jokes require an audience. Otherwise, it's just me remembering things.

So, in an attempt to validate by endeavours, here's a complete record of my Google+ activity.




 


 


 



Two and a half years I've been doing this. I'll never forget.

Highlights include writing about slotted spoons in some foreign language and the sentence "children these days are too complacent these days", which might be the best thing I've ever written.

If you think this is impressive, you should see what I've been doing on Bebo. That shit be crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment