Friday 31 January 2014

Maple Syrup

How about a Youtube compilation of people saying the phrase "I'd like to take this opportunity to..." in speeches or whatever?

That would be it. The rest of the sentence wouldn't be included in the compilation. It would be a montage only of people saying "I'd like to take this opportunity to..."

Just picture it.

A man at a podium: "I'd like to take this opportunity to..."

CUT TO:

A woman at a lectern: "I'd like to take this opportunity to..."

CUT TO:

Press conference dude: "I'd like to take this opportunity to..."

CUT TO:

The first man at the podium, as part of the same speech as the original clip, but at a different stage. He repeats: "I'd like to take this opportunity to..."

CUT TO:

Academy Award recipient for Best Film Editing: "I'd like to take this opportunity to..."

Just picture it. It would go on for about eighteen minutes.

Funny, right?

It's one of those things that you never notice but, once you've seen it repeated in an eighteen-minute montage, you realise it's the kind of thing people say.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to..."

Classic.

I don't have the time or the software to do it myself. But, if you'd like to run with the idea, be my guest.

Just remember to take the opportunity to thank me! !!!

THUMBSUP!

***

Look, it's Friday, OK?

It's February tomorrow. I'll make sense then. We'll all get down to pancakes and Andie MacDowell and forget about this silliness.

It's transfer deadline day.

I'm hoping to complete the signing of Nelson Mandela's funeral.

Is that a joke? Is it satire? Does it make sense?

I don't know, man.

I'm suffering. That reminds me of that song.



It's from one of my top ten favourite albums. I should have included sample songs to accompany the list in my last post. And some analysis of why I like them.

But I didn't do that, and now it's too late.

Yeah, Frank! I'll be suffering up around the bend too. It's awful up there.

What do I do now?

Stop?

I'd like to take this opportunity to.

No comments:

Post a Comment