Friday 23 November 2012

NaNoPerNod

I will shortly have checked in.

And... there.

I am now checked.

I don't think I've mentioned it, but I now have a synopsis and extract of my NaNovel up on the internet-machine. You can find it here. I'm particularly proud of my synopsis, which tells you all you need to know.

I'm currently at 37,614 words. I would describe my work so far as "incoherent". I'm still just about on track, but I'm not counting my chickens (even though I am counting my words).

I'm far too busy. I'm worrying about Christmas shopping and a hundred other things. I long for the days when I was free of all worries and responsibility. Those days are fictional, but you can long for fictional things. It's allowed. I long for Long John Silver, and he's fictional.

Is he?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_John_Silver
  
"Long John Silver is a fictional character and the primary ant"

Yes. He is. (I might have ended that quote prematurely, but I might not have, for all you know.)

I haven't really got anything to talk about other than concerns, so here's a hilarious sketch I've just about to have written:

Doctor: Come in.

Patient: Hello, doctor.

Doctor: What seems to be the problem?

Patient: It's my wife, doctor.

Doctor: Oh yes?

Patient: Yes. She seems to have broken her leg.

Doctor: Oh. Well, why isn't she here?

Patient: She's afraid of doctors.

Doctor: Oh dear. Why do you think that is?

Patient: Because you broke her leg.

Doctor: Your wife is a LIAR. A one-legged LIAR.

Ernie Els: Anyone for a quick nine?

Doctor: Who's asking?

Ernie Els: ERNIE ELS.

Patient: ERNIE ELS.

Receptionist: ERNIE ELS.

Waiting Room (chorus): ERNIE ELS.

Everyone in England: ERNIE ELS.

Every Human: ERNIE ELS.



GOD: Ernie. Ernie Els. Ernie bloody Els.

***

Let's all knock off early and go get cocktails. My treat!

Yum.

I like cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment