Monday 26 November 2012

NaNoAttentionSpaNo

"Confident and cool, he's the type of comic you want to befriend, whilst simultaneously making you hate yourself"

That comes from the second review of my recent stand-up show, which was very nice. I like the above quote, because I've never thought of myself as confident. And I've certainly never been accused of being cool, either in attitude or temperature.

I've already posted a link to the review on Facebook, which made me feel a bit boastful. But I can post it here, because my blog readers and I are like a secret club. A club of one. We can share anything here, and not have to worry about how self-absorbed we sound. Because we are our self. Where else could we be absorbed?

I'm still writing. 42,198 words. My story has got a bit silly, but that was bound to happen.

I'm feeling in a good mood. I think my moods are almost entirely dependent on Saints doing well at football. I don't like the idea that my mental well-being is so precariously balanced. I should probably become a drug addict. They have zero problems.

My iPod has broken. The sound comes consistently out of the left earholephone, but only sporadically out of the right one. I could get it repaired, but I feel that I might as well get a whole new one, even though it will cost me much more money.

I've had my current iPod since 2006. That was before this blog even began. Before Blog. BB. What a time that was. I hadn't even dreamed of italicising certain words and posting images of novelty lamps.


But we're in the future now. After Blog. AB. Anno Blogini.

I have another stand-up gig in London on Saturday. I'm going to do lots of London-centric material. It will be all whelks and Marble Arch.

I'm not concentrating. It's probably because I've had to focus on my NaNo story for so long. My imagination is used to bouncing around like a rubber doorman. It has been shackled for too long.

This is where I come to let it off its leash and go and fetch a stick, but by the time it gets there, it's Lorne Michaels, the creator of Saturday Night Live.

***

I just got so distracted that I forgot I was even writing this.

NaNoWriMo is nearly over. Thank heavens for that. December will be a Golden Age-Month.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous02:28:00

    Incredible quest there. What occurred after?
    Take care!
    Check out my page - direct download movies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous03:53:00

    What a information of un-ambiguity and preserveness of valuable knowledge concerning unexpected feelings.
    My blog :: piano lessons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:10:00

    It's going to be end of mine day, however before finish I am reading this impressive piece of writing to increase my know-how.
    Feel free to surf my web site :: my computer is slow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous08:09:00

    I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your blogs really nice,
    keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Many thanks
    My site > Work from home jobs

    ReplyDelete