Sunday 2 January 2011

Seize the Day

Well, it's a brand new King Lear (as the Cockneys would say), and a brand new brunth (as damaged Cockneys would say).

2011. The Chinese year of the Elk. The year that looks like a duck, an egg and two ones.

It feels similar to 2010, except I have a stye in my eye.

2011. The Chinese year of the stye.

I prefer stye-less years. And stylish years.

I hope 2011 doesn't lead to a permanent loss of vision. It would make typing difficult. Imagine if I hadn't been able to write all this. It would be a tragedy akin to the Oklahoma City Bombing.

It's also a Sunday.

But not a Sunday.

It feels like a Sunday, but there's no work tomorrow. It's odd. Like my depression has had the wind taken out of its sales. I need to redirect it into some kind of misery turbine or making a sculpture of a wound.

And on the Seventh Day, God felt slightly uneasy and unable to relax, constantly plagued by the ominous shadow of Monday...

Let's liven things up with some fun pictures.

***
Thomas Edison viewed from above

***

Antique vase (stolen)


***


Dog Knees

***


Night Hammer


***



Night Hammer (on)

***

Let Loose - Crazy For You CD Single

***

On my deathbed, as I realise how precious life is, and yearn for just a few seconds more, I'll think about the fourteen minutes it took me to draw dog knees.

5 comments:

  1. I just laughed unsociably loudly in the office at this post.

    "Damaged Cockneys" would be a great name for a band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it! We could form 'Damaged Cockneys'. We're not Cockney or musicians, but other than that we're ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our utter unsuitability would be our USP.

    Although I can sort of sing a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ideal! I can sort-of play the guitar a bit. I'm sure Jon can sort-of play the drums.

    The problem is Alex. He can sing too well. We'll get him to breakdance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jon can drum AND play bass.

    I would humbly posit that Alex's competence would be an asset, not a hindrance.

    ReplyDelete