Sunday 3 October 2010

The Answer

I wonder if I should follow the example of June's (not a) diary approach to writing this blog. It would generate a higher post-count.

I realise that I'm the only person that cares about (or even notices) the amount of blog entries I do, but that doesn't mean it's not important. I'm the longest-standing reader of this blog.

I've been with myself through thick and thin, ups and downs, new homes, new jobs, and trips to Holland and Barrett to buy seeds.

So I should be catering to myself. That's why I mainly post pictures of myself. This is a masturbatory exercise. Sometimes literally.

Well done, Paul. Keep reading. Don't worry, I'll keep the post-count up.

You complete me.

Not that I don't appreciate my other readers. Whoever and if-ever you are. I should start to cast my net a little wider; try to draw in a whole new demographic. Perhaps people who aren't interested in looking at various configurations of my face.

Maybe I'll start flyering. I liked it so much in Edinburgh, I could bring my skills to the streets of my home town. Just flyers displaying the blog's URL.

What's that, Paul? Photos of my face?

Yes, OK. I'll have some of those too. Perhaps a couple of dozen.

It would be a clever recruitment strategy. I could be the next Communists.

I like that last sentence. It doesn't conform to traditional grammar. But grammar can be bent and forged into any shape I don't will won't seen fittest, did she.

So, that's the marketing plan. I work in marketing.

Well, I work in "marketing".

Well, I "work" in marketing.

Where was I? Ah yes - Biarritz. I think I left my wallet there.

Much like the blog posts of June, this isn't a diary. But I will summarise the events of the day so far.

I might take a Tarantinoesque approach to narrative structure by starting with the end. Which is now. Which is Sunday afternoon.

If anything interesting happens this evening, it may go unrecorded. Unless I write about it tomorrow. But it's probably not worth thinking about. The chances of anything interesting happening are somewhere between "slim" and "there won't be anything interesting".

I'm watching the Chelsea-Arsenal game. Arshavin just had a shot on goal.

Which reminds me, Andrey Arshavin has a website. It's so amazing that I can't believe I haven't written about it here before. I don't think I have, anyway.

Please go there:

http://www.arshavin.eu/en/

The true gold is in his Q&A sessions. He speaks good English, but has an interesting turn of phrase. I love it when non-native speakers use English, because they know the rules but come at things from an entirely fresh perspective.

I'll copy some examples, but if you go there yourself, you'll see the hilarity. The Q&As are in the news section.

So, what does Andrey Arshavin think about things? Here are some illustrative answers:

3. From LeBiKa
Hello Andrey,I’m your biggest fan, but I’m also a fan of David Beckham! I have always had this question: I wonder what they think about each other? Unfortunately, I can’t ask Beckham, but I hope that you’ll respond. =) Lena
A.A:
The paradox lies in the fact that we don’t think about each other

12. From adar7
My girlfriend has very touching feeling towards your butt, how have you managed to achieve such a result, share your secret, she also likes your arms and legs!
Arshavin
: I got it from my parents. Doesn’t she pay any attention to your coxofemoral joints and limbs? ;)
7. From Boldzhur
Hi, were you good at chemistry?
Arshavin
: I had no problem with organic or inorganic chemistry. Chrome! :))))))


Q:
when you where 13 was you fast ?
AA:
Yes, and even when I was 7. Fast as a lightning.

Q: Andrey, are you frightened of bears?
AA:
On the contrary, I like bears.


I've spent too long looking for those. It's now nearly halftime.

Continuing my summary of the day: I awoke late. I watched the Man City-Newcastle game.

Hmm. I haven't really done much.

It's lucky that I rambled for so long before starting this (not a) diary portion.

Anything else? I did some laundry. No interesting things came out of it. Except for my magic sock. But I'm sure you all have your own magic socks. It's nothing special.

I played the guitar for a little bit. No interesting things came out of it.

Except a song I wrote about my magic sock.

But I'm sure you all have your own songs about your own magic socks. It's nothing special.

I fear reading the words of Andrey Arshavin has rendered my own syntax unusual.

I shall stop typing now. Well, not right now. After I've finished this sentence, I'll stop (after hitting the closing bracket and the full-stop key).

No comments:

Post a Comment