Thursday 15 July 2010

I May Not Know Art, But I Do

Busy, busy, busy. Busy as a bee. Busy as a wasp.

Busy as a wasp moonlighting as a bee, but still maintaining all her daytime wasp duties.

So I've been neglectful of you, dear reader (no need for the plural there, I think). I apologise.

To make amends, get 'am', glue it to 'end', then fasten an 's' on the end with a pin.

(Hmm. I could tweet that. Maybe I will. Cross-pollination like a bee-wasp.)

To make amends for my lack of content, here is this week's Gallery.

You know the theme tune, even though this week's Gallery is the first ever Gallery.

***

First up, we have a photo of our chili pepper plant. He's called Wallace.

I don't know why.


We haven't harvested his sweet fruit yet. But we will, we will. This is the longest we've ever managed to keep a plant alive, so every day is a bonus.

***

Next up is Zakumi, the official mascot of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, which has already faded into nothingness like the memory of being abused by a wishy-washy uncle.




Zakumi seems a bit too upbeat, and a bit too evil. He doesn't seem to have any self-doubt, and I can't respect anyone who isn't socially and emotionally crippled by cowardice.

Also, he tells me to hurt people.

***

Last, but not least, some real art. You may remember from Classic Headscissors (ie. an old post) that I did a doodle of a thing brilliantly called Fire and Moon:

You also may remember, if you read the comments below these posts, that the multi-talented Songe (fighter, mad scientist, Mother of Wallace) claimed to have painted a similar scene before.

Here it is: Fire




Pretty darn good. But I think it suffers from not having a paper hole in the corner, and a child's idea of the moon's face.

I think this is the landscape where Zakumi may live, starting fires and doing keepie-uppies while people dance to the rhythm of their primal drum-machines.

***

So, there you have it: pictures.

And remember, if a picture paints a thousand words, confiscate its brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment