Thursday 29 July 2010

Bah

HEY! There you are! Long time no see!

Short time no sea (I was in the sea yesterday).

How have you been? Fantastic.

I haven't got anything to say. But if I space out the sentences.

In an interesting way - it

might create

Some impression of significan

ce.

I've been really busy in all areas of my life. I seem to have compressed a year's worth of events into about two months. I don't know why everything is converging this summer. Maybe it's the temporal junction point of the entire space time continuum.

Maybe it's that.

I'm not good at dealing with incident. I prefer noncident (not to be confused with Nonse-E-Dent, the toothpaste for paedophiles).

I'm good at dealing with nothing happening. I'm very rarely bored. Even staring at the walls is a pleasurable way to pass the time, oh-so slowly.

I have no temporal perspective. I can't perceive events as happening over a long period. They all seem to be right on top of me, and I can't differentiate between now and the future. I should probably write things down. That might make them seem less chaotic. But every time I pick up a pen, I end up drawing a drowning acorn.

Never mind. I'll take each day as it comes. Which seems to be all at once. Like when you're trying to get one ice cube out of a glass, and they all charge at once, smashing you like a frosty fist.

Things are conspiring against me, though. Our TV has broken.

We don't need that.

We heard a loud noise, and it just went. The right-hand part of the screen is fine. So any programme where most of the action happens on the right is fine.

But on the left, there's a big block of black, and a big block of white. The equality is admirable, but our view is still obscured.

And now my armchair seems to be broken. Nothing to do with me launching my ample frame onto it with gusto. Something else might have happened. But something seems to have snapped. In the chair, not my frame.

I wonder if we can get a new one.

So: no TV, no chair.

What's left?

Windows, I suppose. I still have them.

It would be tough without windows.

***

I should never stop writing a blog in the middle. I lose my train of thought. Which might be seen as a benefit. Like a train full of bullfighters veering into a ravine full of poisoned sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment