Tuesday 22 September 2009

Bricks

There are bricks that don't get on with other bricks.

That's how I'm starting this one. Not sure why - it just came to me. I was staring at a blank text box, and needed some content. So I wrote something about bricks.

Some bricks prefer to work solo. Some bricks have difficulty with commitment. Some bricks are just pricks.

And a just prick is almost unbearable. Because they have the weight of righteousness behind them.

***

You can't get blood from a stone.

Except former Nottingham Forest winger Steve Stone. He's very generous when dishing out plasma. I think the stigma of that expression stayed with him all his life.

Sometimes he didn't even wait for the Blood Bank. He'd just spray blood out of his speeding car, dousing the hedgerows.

It made him happy, you see? Defying expectations.

Good on you, Steve!

***

I think the word "predictable" is always spelled the same way. The same can't be said for "unpridictibil".

I think words should practice what they preach (and practise what they preech).

***

The formatting of this post is doing my head in. Every time I add a photo it gets all confusing! Why? WHY?!

***

If I could applaud myself, I'd never leave the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment