Monday 16 March 2009

I, pod


Dolphin 1: I was reading this article the other day. Pretty interesting.


Dolphin 2: Oh yeah?


Dolphin 1: Yeah. "A hundred things to do before you die".


Dolphin 2: I hate those lists.


Dolphin 1: It's just a bit of fun!


Dolphin 2: Pff. A hundred things to do before you die... No-one ever does all of them! It's just designed to make you feel like a loser.


Dolphin 1: I've done a few of them.


Dolphin 2: Yeah, like what?


Dolphin 1: Climb a mountain.


Dolphin 2: Climb a mountain?


Dolphin 1: Yep. Check that off the list!


Dolphin 2: But... I mean, it was an underwater mountain, right?


Dolphin 1: Well, yeah.


Dolphin 2: That's not really climbing though, is it? It's more like swimming at an incline.


Dolphin 1: It's still climbing.


Dolphin 2: Fine.


A SEAGULL LANDS NEAR-BY, PECKING AT A BUOY


Dolphin 1: I've always wanted to do number thirty.


Dolphin 2: What's number thirty?


Dolphin 1: Go walking with humans.


Dolphin 2: Oh yeah. That's always on there.


Dolphin 1: I reckon it would be really relaxing. Back to nature.


Dolphin 2: Yeah, maybe. They are quite cute.


Dolphin 1: Really cute! And intelligent! I watched this programme the other day. Apparently, they can communicate with each other. You know when they make those weird hoots and growls? That's their language!


Dolphin 2: It makes you wonder how advanced they are...


Dolphin 1: I saw a human at Land World last summer. They'd trained it to walk through hoops. They let the public feed it pancakes! Humans love pancakes.


Dolphin 2: Right.


THE SEAGULL, BORED, TAKES OFF FOR SHORE


Dolphin 1: I've done number sixty-two, as well.


Dolphin 2: Oh yeah?


Dolphin 1: Yep.


Dolphin 2: What's number sixty-two?


Dolphin 1: The running of the bulls at Pamplona.


Dolphin 2: Are you sure? It seems like... it would present problems.


Dolphin 1: I got gored in the blowhole.


Dolphin 2: ...


Dolphin 1: Which, coincidentally, is also number eight on the list!


Dolphin 2: Is that a joke?


Dolphin 1: *sigh* You're just no fun anymore...


DOLPHIN 1 SWIMS AWAY. DOLPHIN 2 DIVES INTO THE SHADOW OF THE BUOY, AND DISAPPEARS FROM VIEW

1 comment: