Friday 14 December 2007

Fantastic

A couple of nights ago, I had a weird night where I kept going over an idea for a comedy sketch. I was half-dreaming, half-awake, and seemed to go over various permutations of the same idea in a nightmare vortex.

Unlike many of my ideas, it is not completely nonsensical, but I'm not sure if it's funny or not.

It goes thusly:

Scene 1:

A scientist in a high-tech diving suit discussing shrinking himself down and entering a patient's body in a Fantastic Vogage/Innerspace-style sci-fi expedition.

Scene 2:

Caption: 1 HOUR EARLIER
A lab assistant accidentally spills a can of Coke over the suit, causing it to crackle and seem to malfunction a little. The assistant checks to make sure no-one saw, looks worried and leaves.

Scene 3:

Caption: 1 HOUR AND FIVE MINUTES LATER
The screen is red, then the red is wiped off the scientist's goggles. Zoom out to reveal the scientist covered in blood, in the lab sprayed with plasma and vital organs, standing in the exploded torso of the patient. He then either says:

"Has anyone got any paper towels?"

or, more simply,

"Bollocks."

Does that make sense?

I'm sure it does. I could be the next Little Britain.

No comments:

Post a Comment