Monday 20 May 2013

Holiday 2013 - Day Two


I usually start my blog post with a relevant photo. With these holiday entries, it would make sense to use actual holiday pictures. We have taken some, but don’t have the facility to get them onto my computer. So for now, I’ll just have to use text to paint a picture.

UUUUUUUU
IIIIIIIIIII
_ _ _ _ _ _ _


Look. That’s an accurate depiction of wine glass parts, before assembly.

It’s hot. How hot? So hot that you could fry an egg topless.

Our first day was a mixed bag. I'm not really interested in giving a full description of the resort and town, but it has nice food, music that’s too loud, a nice pool where the music isn't so loud, other people (none of whom we've spoken to, but they all seem fine), some birds, some insects, a spectacular mountain, lots of paragliders, a shingle beach, lots of touristy shops and bars, and a mysterious cat.

I don’t really like the idea of doing a serious holiday journal. It’s not just because of the reasons I listed on day one’s entry, but just because I get bored relaying things. I've lived them once, I don’t want to relive them in pithy sentence form.

It will probably make this whole thing unreadable. Then again, my blog has always been about nothing in particular, so this will just be a continuation of that. But slightly more Turkey.

I don’t really have enough clothes for this trip. I'm going to have to make some new ones out of local materials (kebab meat, fezzes and... oh I can’t even be bothered to be racist. It’s too warm, really. And now I'm stuck in brackets. How embarrassing.)

My problem is that I'm writing this on Day Four, so I can’t just share my current thoughts. I have to remember what my thoughts were two days ago. I can’t even remember what my eye colour was two days ago.

I’ll just skim over the past and get to the present.

CAN I BE THE NEW MICHAEL PALIN NOW PLEASE?

No comments:

Post a Comment