Friday 7 August 2009

I Love Dolly Parton

Well, let's just start writing and see what happens.

Arrrjjjjjjjjjjjjooooo.

Oh. Oh no. I wasn't expecting that.

So: body hair.

I don't have a hairy chest. I should, by all accounts. I'm quite big, I have a deep voice, and I resemble some kind of mythical beast. But I don't have a hairy chest.

It doesn't bother me. I don't often wear an open shirt. And I'm not often called upon to keep stationery stored on my chest. I use pockets.

But I do confound expectations.

For example, a lot of people assume that I must be in the Hell's Angels because of my tattoos. But they're just gaudy birthmarks.

They also assume I love Dolly Parton because I often wander around dressed as Dolly Parton, singing Dolly Parton songs, and periodically shouting "I LOVE DOLLY PARTON". But, in reality, I just have a speech impediment.

The biggest surprise for people is that I'm not actually a human. Even though I walk on two legs and own a Travis album. I'm actually a tiny planet. I have several moons.

It just goes to show: appearances can be deceiving. And deceptive. And receptive. And defective.

Don't book a judge by his cover. Or cover a judge by the book.

Yeah, yeah. I've done this before. But I haven't written anything since Monday, alright?!

You want something revolutionary? Well? Do ya?

Well, here's a picture of my wrist.




Happy now?

No comments:

Post a Comment